Welcome to Dida Ritchie. This policy explains how we handle and use your personal information in connection with our websites and services and your rights in relation to it. Under data protection law, Dida Ritchie is the controller of that information.
Dida Ritchie (we, our or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy applies to our website located at www.didaritchie.com and related websites, social media accounts, and our instashop (together, the Site) and the services you can access through them.
Dida Ritchie is the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Dida Ritchie decides why and how your personal information is processed in connection with those activities. Please see the section at the end of this policy for our contact and legal information.
The Site is intended for use by individuals aged 16 and over. We do not knowingly collect personal information about children. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use the Site.
Information we collect about you
We receive personal information about you that you give to us (i.e. contact details, information you submit online via our Site and correspondence). We only collect personal information that we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy. You will only receive marketing communications from us if you have consented and can opt-out of receiving them at any time. We do not share your personal information with companies that would send their marketing to you.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Where necessary for the performance of our CONTRACT
We will use your personal information where necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to carry out any pre-contractual steps you've asked us to so that you can enter into that contract, for the following purposes:
- to process and deliver your order;
- to process your payment or bank details when taking payment for your orders or when providing a refund;
- to run our competitions and promotions that you enter from time to time and to distribute prizes.
- Where you have provided CONSENT
We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so for the following purposes:
- to contact you via email (as you have indicated) with marketing information about our products, exciting product launches, events, promotions and general marketing communications; and
- to supply e-newsletters, brochures, marketing or other material you have specifically requested from us.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time.
- Where required to comply with our LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligation to keep a record relating to the rights you exercise in connection with our processing of your personal information.
As described above, if we specifically request your permission to send (or you specifically ask us to send) you newsletters, marketing material or to notify you of special events, offers, promotions, competitions or new products and services by email, we rely on your consent to do so. If you do not wish to receive email communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link inside the email, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Security and links to other websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to the Site may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information.
In addition, if you were linked to the Site from a third party website, we cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
Your rights over your personal information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under the data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to verify your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information.
You have the following rights, some of which may only apply in certain circumstances:
- to be informed about the processing of your personal information (this is what this statement sets out to do);
- to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us in any of the details described at the end of this policy.
- to withdraw your consent to processing your personal information
- Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can also do so by using the unsubscribe tool. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful.
- to have your personal information erased
- In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
- You may also have the right to object to our use of your personal information more generally.
- to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us (see details below). You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information within UK Data Protection Commission (www.ico.gov.uk) and your local data protection authorisation.
Please check this page regularly for changes to this policy.
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on this Site and/or by contacting you by email or via your account. Any changes will take effect 7 days after we post the modified terms on our website. We recommend you regularly check for changes and review this policy when you visit this Site. If you do not agree with any aspect of the updated policy, you must promptly notify us and cease using this Site.
Contact and legal information
You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason at any time.
To contact us for any reason, including to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please write to the Data Protection Manager at the address below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dida Ritchie, Tennys Court, Burton Street, Marnhull, Sturminster Newton, DT10 1PS